Preparation, Passage, and Personal Growth
for Your Childbearing Year
Pregnancy puts you on the threshold of a great rite of passage. To progress from “here” to “there” without getting lost, you will need a map. Like every modern woman, you already have access to the standard health consumer’s map showing you how to navigate routine obstetric care. However, negotiating the primordial hurdles and unforeseen challenges marking the inner terrain of childbearing requires the use of something different—an ancient universal map.
Gathering information is not enough. Wishful thinking is not a plan. Ancient Map for Modern Birth, informative an uplifting, shows you how to:
- Experience your childbearing year as a heroic journey
- Prioritize peace of mind and physical health for you and your baby
- Create personal rituals and ceremonies for spiritual well-being
- Engage in an informed consent dialogue with birth attendants
- Embrace uncertainty, the unknown, and loss of control
Whether or not this is your first pregnancy, whether you are birthing at a hospital or at home, Ancient Map for Modern Birth will guide you to an awareness that leads to the birth of both a child and a new self. It will also benefit everyone committed to supporting you from conception through your childbearing year. The model described in this book will change the way you see yourself as a woman and mother, how you prepare to give birth, how you think and feel about labor, and how you tell your birth story.
Ancient Map for Modern Birth